Tuesday, March 20, 2012

55 Word fiction

I came across this idea when I was browsing through random blogs.


55 words fiction(55F)

  • You have to write a set of three 55F.
  • The first two sets should be a story on its own.
  • The  two stories should  climax / conclude / inter-twine in the third set of 55F.
  • The story could be of any genre i.e, love, crime, mystery or thriller etc.
My attempt at this:
(Idea courtesy: Here2enchant.wordpress.com)


Him
I’m looking forward to this Friday for my wife is leaving out of town for the full next week to her mother’s place. Despite our marriage being a happy one, I’m looking forward to this break of temporary bachelorhood. I’ve missed Men’s party, all nighter and a never ending football for a very long time.

Her
This Saturday, I’m going to my mom’s place after two years. I’m leaving my husband to enjoy himself for a week. It’s a great feeling to go home and be the favourite daughter to my mother.  Post marriage, I’ve forgotten what it is to be taken care of, to not worry about pleasing my in-laws.


Them

I came home early. I could not stay away. He was still at work. I went to kitchen. A clumsily written note sat on the cold stove. “Shweths! Welcome back! No football match, no amount of all night partying seem to give me the same happiness I get when you are around. Missed you!”





No comments: